January 1, 2012

Fuzzy







Shirt: brother's
Skirt: thrifted
Shoes: Soda
Necklace: Forever 21

This faux fur skirt is also something I picked up while thrift shopping...along with that plaid dress.
It was incredibly cheap too--$5.00. Not even messing. If you had taken this skirt and pasted a designer label on it and sold it at some high-end store, it would have burned a hole through your wallet by the hundreds, maybe even in the thousands. The pleasant unexpected surprises that thrifting brings continues to remind me why I shop there.

For this particular outfit, I was heavily influenced by the casual tee/fancy skirt combo I've been seeing a lot lately in blogs and photoshoots. I absolutely adore this look--the way it touches on the formal and informal aspect and fuses it into one relevant piece. It's fun, unexpected, and quirky. Right up my style aesthetic alley--or hopes of achieving, that is.

Here are some of the photos that inspired me as I assembled this outfit:


(After seeing her, I suddenly have a weird craving for neon!)


Elsa Hosk for Free People's "Through the Decades"
(Note to self: acquire some interesting print tees, quirky socks, and fashionable sneakers)


Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller
(Love the sheerness, floaty-ness, and softness of it all)

Do you like this informal/formal combo?
Do you like to thrift?
Do you want to pet my lap now?

- LEIRA

3 comments:

  1. Great post..love the sandals. x

    www.freshthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that necklace!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys: kindly use the regular Blogspot commenting form below while I try to get rid of the Facebook one. Thank you!