December 29, 2011

Grunge







How amazing in this dress? I got it at a thrift store for $4! I like it because it's loose, non-formfitting, and shapeless--just like a wearable bag (HA!), therefore giving off the effect that I simply rolled out of bed today, threw something on, and don't I look stylish. LOL. You know what's ironic? I actually DID sleep in this shirt last night so it's all genuine, thank you very much.
Back to the main topic, that effortless "whatever" look à la 90s rocker really gets to me, even though I wouldn't normally wear something like this in the first place since I don't consider it to be a true representation of my style. Ah, well. Sometimes ya just gotta experiment.


Oh, and by the way...
I decided to throw on a rocker-looking gold fringe necklace at the last minute. Note how it is carelessly draped across the outfit, with some pieces tucked in behind, supplying the perfect dose of sartorial sloppiness.

Now that I think about it, I shoulda thrown up some "rock on" hand gestures while I was at it.

- LEIRA!

Shirt: Mom's
Dress: thrifted
Socks: Target; gift from cousin
Shoes: Qupid Shoes; got these in Melrose
Necklace: Forever 21

1 comment:

Hey guys: kindly use the regular Blogspot commenting form below while I try to get rid of the Facebook one. Thank you!