November 20, 2013

Hello, all.

     I've decided to stop blogging here indefinitely. Finding time to blog, getting someone to photograph you, making sure your outfit was even worth talking about...it was all too stressful, overwhelming, and demanding.

     Furthermore, I've become disillusioned with the fashion blog community. There's simply too many out there (many of whom that utilize a superfluous of gifted clothing to their advantage) and I don't feel as if my presence will contribute anything meaningful or unique. Fashion blogging forces one to continually accumulate a large and extensive closet, something which I do not have the means to support over a long period of time. Simply put: I cannot compete.

     Finally, my style has changed since when I first started this blog. Consequently, I feel an awkward disconnect to my past material. I don't feel as if I can relate to this blog anymore. I am now using my Tumblr more than anything else, which has allowed to reassess and refocus what I'm interested in aesthetically.

     I don't regret starting this blog. I see it as an important step in my process of discovering the kind of person I am. I now realize that my self-growth is quite evident in retrospect. And for that, I am glad. Some day, I would like to start using Blogspot again. I quite enjoy it as a platform. But, alas, that will be a different time, maybe a different place, and me...a different person.

Thanks again & goodbye for now,
Leira.

5 comments:

  1. That's sad, I've kept following you and every now and then checking if you've posted anythig new, beause I really liked your blog! :( But everything you wrote is so true, the fashion blog world is just crazy these days! And finding the time, photographer and outfit is really hard. I'll follow you on Tumblr, hopefully you'll link there if you start this blog again :)

    Thanks for inspiring me!
    Love from Finland, Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aduaa! I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I do appreciate and am truly thankful and humbled that you took the time to follow my mere little blog. I'll start following yours as well ; )

      Delete
  2. I agree with some points you made, but I can't agree with this part:

    "... and I don't feel as if my presence will contribute anything meaningful or unique. Fashion blogging forces one to continually accumulate a large and extensive closet, something which I do not have the means to support over a long period of time. Simply put: I cannot compete."

    to be honest, fashion blogs today suck. most of them promote shameless consumerism and keep shoving the same shit down our throats. it seems to me that your blog contributed something different and that's a good thing. a different perspective is something very much needed in this world. you don't have to compete with anyone and neither should you be pressured into buying a shitload of stupid clothes you don't really need. if you ask me, it's much more valuable to have a limited amount of quality items and to use your creativity to work with what you've got. I learned this the hard way: in my earlier blogging years, I somehow got sucked into the downward spiral of buying more, more, more, until it almost suffocated me. at one point, it was just too much, so I decided to sell and donate everything that I felt was unnecessary. (I'm still getting rid of some of it!) I wrote about these things on my blog which is now a place to help me figure out my style and be creative, instead of a carbon copy and an ode to consumerism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I agree. When I first started this blog, it wasn't exactly my intention to compete with other blogs. It was simply an outlet where I was able to express myself. But as I started reading and following more and more blogs, the pressure to get to their level heightened. I was intimidated, and even ashamed, as a "newbie" blogger.

      I'm glad that I stopped blogging and following other blogs for a period. I think taking a break allowed me to pause and reflect about the current state of fashion blogging, to consider who I was as a blogger, and the direction I was taking with my material. This is a good thing, because should I ever start blogging again, I'll be back with stronger material, a more focused direction, and more sound state of mind.

      Delete
  3. This makes me so sad, especially considering I only found your blog recently. You definitely have a talent that not many fashion bloggers have, and I really admire that. You really seem to do your own thing. But that being said, I totally agree with every reason you decided to stop. I've almost stopped for the same reasons, but something keeps holding me back. Anyways, I'll definitely be following your tumblr because I absolutely love your aesthetic, so it will still be a good place to go to for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys: kindly use the regular Blogspot commenting form below while I try to get rid of the Facebook one. Thank you!